Local Support Directory


Bromley Citizens Advice Bureau

Offers free, confidential advice on benefits, housing, debt & money, health, immigration, work, family, consumer and law & courts.

Bromley Council

Visit the council’s website for information on all local government-led support.


Welcare provides emotional and practical support for families with children up to the age of 13 who are facing challenges.
Our team of Family Support Workers is managed by professional Social Workers. We work holistically with children, young people and their carers to provide a family-focused support plan. Whilst not an exhaustive list, here are some of the types of issues our service users face:
– domestic abuse & violence
– insecure immigration status and families with no recourse to public funding
– financial difficulties
– parental physical or mental ill-health
– children at risk of school exclusion
– children with low self esteem/confidence
– children experiencing conflict between parents
– parents struggling with boundaries and routines
– children with disabilities

Cotmandene Community Resource Centre

“The centre encourages and supports local residents of the London Borough of Bromley to improve their quality of life, and to build a better future for themselves, their families and their community.

64 Cotmandene Crescent, St Paul’s Cray, Bromley BR5 2RG

Opening Times
9.am to 1pm, 2pm to 4pm Monday to Thursday,
closed all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays

Services at the centre
Advice and guidance : By appointment Monday- Thursday.

Computer use: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 – 12.55pm and 2pm – 3:45pm (closed between 1-2 to allow for sanitisation and cleaning) also by appointment.

Scanning, and wi-fi and wireless printing (small charge for printing).

Telephone use: Appointment only to use the telephone for essential access e.g. contacting DWP, housing/council tax benefit, housing association repairs.

Wellness calls: Staff can offer wellness calls to anyone suffering mental health issues due to isolation restrictions call us on 020 8402 0123.

Work Club: Wednesday 2pm – 3.30 (please call or email to book your place).

ICT Support Session: Basic IT skills with online courses available – learn at your own pace. Supported by our volunteer digital champion. Limited numbers per session please contact to book a place.

Police Drop-in Surgery: Come along and speak to your local officers and discuss any policing issues or concerns you may have. Please contact the team for dates.”

email: ccrc@bromley.gov.uk
Tel: 020 8402 0123

Mottingham Community and Learning Shop

“The shop encourages and supports local residents of the London Borough of Bromley to improve their quality of life, and to build a better future for themselves, their families and their community.

1-2 Cranley Parade, Beaconsfield Road, Mottingham SE9 4DZ

Opening Times
Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 1pm and 2 – 4pm.

Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Services at the shop
Advice and guidance: By appointment Monday- Thursday.

Computer use: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 – 12.55pm and 2pm – 3:45pm (closed between 1-2 to allow for sanitisation and cleaning) also by appointment.

Scanning, and wi-fi and wireless printing (small charge for printing).

Telephone use: Appointment only to use the telephone for essential access e.g. contacting DWP, housing/council tax benefit, housing association repairs.

Wellness calls: Staff can offer wellness calls to anyone suffering mental health issues due to isolation restrictions call us on 020 8860 1150.

Work Club: Monday 2pm – 3.30pm (please call or email to book your place).”

email: mcls@bromley.gov.uk
Tel: 020 8860 1150

Adult Education

Bromley Adult Education College

Bromley Adult Education College offers English and maths classes online and at the college’s main centres: the Kentwood Centre in Penge (Kingsdale Road, SE20 7PR) and the Poverest Centre in Orpington (Poverest Road, BR5 2DQ).

All sessions last two and a half hours and take place in the morning, some afternoons, and evening. These classes are ideal for students who wish to improve their English and maths for study, everyday life or to help them get a job.

Any student who would like to join our classes will need to attend an initial assessment session. Please contact Pat Johnson on 020 8659 7976 or 01689 822886.


Alcohol and Drugs Dependency

Bromley Drug and Alcohol Services (BDAS)

Helps adults who have concerns about their drug and alcohol use. They will listen to your needs and your feelings and create a care package that suits you.

999 Club

The 999 Club is a drop-in centre offering social and practical support for the local community, particularly people with alcohol, drug, housing and health problems, and those who are homeless.

Befriending Services

Befriending offers supportive, reliable relationships through volunteer befrienders to people who would otherwise be socially isolated.

The Bromley Council Website gives details of many organisations and charities that offer such a service, either face to face or virtually (via phone of internet).


Living On Bereavement Service

Living On helps children discover ways and strategies to deal with their grief, adapt to the changes it may have brought to their lives and manage their difficult feelings.

Breastfeeding Support

The National Childbirth Trust (NCT)

The NCT offers free breastfeeding counsellors who are available on the phone and for home visits. The service is open to all babies registered with a Bromley GP. There are four local centres – Bromley and Chislehurst is the main contact for breastfeeding support but the other centres offer other group activities and events.

Bromley and Chislehurst

Crystal Palace

Beckenham and Boarders

Orpington and District

National Breastfeeding Helpline

Independent, confidential, mother-centred, non-judgmental breastfeeding support and information.

Association of Breastfeeding Mothers

ABM are a group of trained volunteers dedicated to supporting breastfeeding mums and their families.

Milk Bank

The milk bank provides pasteurised donor breast milk for premature and sick babies.

Childcare, Children’s Activities & Education

Early Years Childcare

Bromley Council information on Childcare Options and help with costs.


See a list of all primary and secondary schools in the Borough of Bromley, apply for places, apply for free school meals, etc.

The Bromley Children Project

This service aims to protect and develop children by offering support for them and their families, particularly those who are struggling and are in need of additional help, but don’t qualify for the support provided by children’s social care.

Children and Family Centres

The Bromley Children Project is linked to Children and Family Centres who offer a range of services to meet the needs of children under five and support their families. There are six Children and Family Centres in the borough of Bromley and the services provided are designed around the needs of the surrounding area.

The centres are places where children can make friends and learn as they play. Parents and carers can access professional advice on health and family matters, learn about training and job opportunities or just socialise with other people.

Biggin Hill


Burnt Ash




Parent/Carer Champion Network & Mentor Support Programme

BCFForum was established as an independent network of local voluntary groups working with children and young people as well as their families, offering practical information and support on improving the lives of children and families in the London Borough for Bromley.


Children’s Summer Holiday Camps

Bromley Children & Families Voluntary Sector Forum are running a variety of summer holiday camps for children aged 5-16.The aims of the camps are to provide a safe space for Bromley children and young people where we can promote education on maintaining good mental health whilst reducing boredom and addressing ‘holiday hunger’.

Visit website


Living Well Clothes Bank (Penge)

Living Well food bank in Penge runs a clothes bank for adults on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, 10.30am – 12pm. No need for a referral, you can just pop along.
Holy Trinity Church, 66 Lennard Road, London, SE20 7LX


Sexual Health Bromley

Bromley offers a free, non-judgmental contraception and reproductive health service for men and women of all ages (including under 16). You do not need a referral from your doctor (GP) for the drop-in clinics – simply turn up and wait to be seen.


Victim Support

Victim Support is an independent charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents. They provide specialist help to support people to cope and recover to the point where they feel they are back on track with their lives.

Debt and Money Advice

Bromley Citizens Advice Bureau

Offers free, confidential advice on benefits, housing, debt & money, health, immigration, work, family, consumer and law & courts.

Mayor of London’s Cost of Living Hub

The hub helps Londoners access information, support and advice to help manage their household finances.


The government website can give information about benefits and offers a tax credit calculator.

National Debtline

Specialist telephone help offering free confidential advice and support on dealing with personal debt.

Money A&E

Our Money Coaches service provides one to one debt, benefits and money guidance support sessions to people in the local community.

Christians Against Poverty

If you’re looking for help with money, whether that’s help to get out of debt, find a job or gain vital life skills, Christians Against Poverty provides a range of free services across the UK through local churches. There is a Debt Centre in Penge – you need to call the national number to book an appointment.

Bromley Plus Credit Union Ltd

This is a financial co-operative run for the benefit of people living or working in the local area and has branches in Orpington and Sydenham. The credit union encourages savings and provides lower cost loans.

Sydenham Branch (Head Office)

Bromley Branch

The Money Course

A free, simple, effective budgeting course. Gain the tools you need to get to grips with your finances.

HSBC – No Fixed Address Service

In partnership with Shelter, and other UK and local charities, we’re helping people without a fixed home address to open a bank account.

Money Helper

Here to put you in control with impartial guidance that’s backed by government and to recommend further, trusted support if you need it. For clear money help that’s on your side and free to use, just search for MoneyHelper.

Turn 2 Us – Charitable Grants

Many charitable funds will help people who have No Recourse to Public Funds – and cannot claim welfare benefits.

Chislehurst Debt Advice Service

Fully trained advisors provide free and confidential debt advice to all members of the community who are struggling to deal with a debt problem.

Domestic Abuse

Bromley & Croydon Women’s Aid

Bromley and Croydon Women’s Aid aims to empower anyone suffering domestic abuse so they can make informed choices about their future. Their services are confidential, non-judgmental and respectful of diversity.
BCWA puts anyone who contacts them for support at the heart of decision making, so that they can gain the confidence, strength and self-respect needed to free themselves from abusive relationships.

National Domestic Violence Helpline

24-hour domestic abuse helpline (Freephone).

Freedom Programme

A training programme designed to combat domestic violence through providing information, not therapy. An online programme (costing £12) is also available through the website.

Women & Girls Network

Offers a free service run by women, for women in London who have been affected by all forms of violence and abuse.

Bromley Domestic Abuse ‘One Stop Shop’

This free and confidential service is for anyone who has experienced or is currently suffering from domestic abuse, who feels that they could benefit from any help or advice. No appointment necessary, and sessions normally run on a Thursday afternoon. See website for details.

Kaleidoscopic Women’s Support Group: West Wickham

A friendly group of local women who come together every month, offering support and advice for women who have suffered from domestic abuse of any kind, either past or present.

Fire Safety

Home Fire Safety Visit

The London Fire Brigade believe that successful firefighting starts with prevention. They have a service where they can visit you, a loved one, or someone you care for at home to provide personalised advice about fire safety. It’s totally free, available 24/7, and they will even fit free smoke alarms during the visit if you need them.


Healthy Start NHS Vouchers

If you’re pregnant (10+ weeks) or have a child under 4 and get Child Tax Credit with a household income of £16,190 or less, you are eligible for Healthy Start Vouchers. You’ll also be eligible if you’re pregnant and under 18, even if you do not receive any benefits. The vouchers can be used to help buy healthy food and milk (including formula).
Apply here:

Free School Meals

Free school meals are available to pupils in full time education whose parent/carer receives a qualifying benefit.
Apply here: https://www.bromley.gov.uk/info/200086/schools_and_colleges/62/free_school_meals”

Food Mobile Apps:

Join the free sharing app where you will find people in your local area giving away food & other household items to their neighbours, all for free.
www. olioex.com

Too Good To Go
Rescues unwanted food from restaurants and shops so it doesn’t go to waste. You won’t know exactly what’s in your order until you pick it up but it is a great way to get amazing value food.

Free Cookbook

For help with healthy and affordable meal planning, download a free ‘Cook with Jack’ cookbook


If you are in financial crisis and need an emergency food parcel, there are the below foodbanks within the borough. The Bromley Borough Foodbank and Food Plus Bromley require a referral from a professional, however there are a number of drop in foodbanks available that do not require a referral.

Bromley Borough Foodbank

Foodbank Centres:

  • Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH
  • Oak Community Church, 345 Chipperfield Road, St. Paul’s Cray, BR5 2LJ
  • United Reform Church, Widmore Road, Bromley, BR1 1RY
  • The Goodmead Centre, 36 Chislehurst Road, Orpington, BR6 0DG
  • The Salvation Army, 172-176 Maple Rd, London, SE20 8JB

Food Plus Bromley (referral required)

• 020 8662 6850
• 22 Rectory Road, Beckenham, BR3 1JA

Open Kitchen Christ Church (Orpington)

Tues & Fri (10-11 am) and Sun (4.30-5 pm)
• 07511 876928
• Charterhouse Road, Orpington, BR6 9EP

Community Larder (Orpington)

Every Tuesday 11.30am
• St Nicolas Church, Leamington Ave, BR6 9QB

Community Fridge at Unity Church (Orpington)

Open on Wed and Sat from 9:30 am (first come first served basis)
• Unity Church, Rye Crescent, BR5 4NH

Community Food + Project (Whitefoot & Downham)

Thursday evening from 7pm to 8.30pm.
• 020 8698 7945 or 07745 258 841
• Hope Church Downham, 480 Whitefoot Lane, Downham, BR1 5SF

Anerley Team Ministry Foodbank (Penge, Anerley& Crystal Palace)

Open from 10am to 12noon on Wednesdays
• 020 8778 7014
• Christ Church Anerley, 197 Anerley Road, London, SE20 8ER

Living Well Foodbank (Penge)

If you are struggling and need help with food and basic supplies Living Well Foodbank can help. It is open to anyone who needs it and you do not need a referral; you can just turn up. When you first use the foodbank we will ask you for some basic information about your situation so we can discuss with you what help we might be able to provide.

Mottingham Foodbank

Mon, Thurs, Fri & Sat (9.30- 1pm) & Wed ( 6-7pm)
• 07395 565984
• 35 St Keverne Road, SE9 4AQ

Hayes Community Foodbank
Delivery service only

Monday and Tuesday afternoons. Email to fill in form at:
• 020 8462 1373



You can request specific items from the Bromley Freecycle Network if you are a member of the group. Membership is free, but you will usually have to be able to collect items from the person ‘freecycling’ them. Visit the website for more details.

St Christopher’s Hospice Furniture Shops

A locally run charity that offer pre-loved furniture at a fair price. Delivery for just £35 for all Bromley Postcodes. There are three furniture shops in the borough:

  • Hayes – 20 Station Approach, Hayes, Kent BR2 7EH. 0208 462 2924
  • St Paul’s Cray – 85-89 Cotmandene Crescent, St Paul’s Cray, BR5 2RA. 0208 300 1079.


Bromley Council

The Housing Options team provide advice and general assistance to anyone with a query or problem regarding housing issues or homelessness. They offer immediate advice and can help you keep your current home or find you somewhere to stay as quickly as possible, including emergency housing.

Shelter London

You can talk to an expert housing adviser if you’re in urgent need of housing advice. You should use this line if: you have nowhere to sleep, or might be homeless soon; you have somewhere to sleep, but nowhere to call home; or you are/could be at risk of harm

SELCE-South East London Community Energy (Healthy Homes)

Find out if you can reduce energy costs with SELCE Energy Advice.

National Energy Action

“Free advice service providing advice to householders in England and Wales on their energy bills and keeping warm and safe in their home. Also help with benefits advice and income maximisation.
Tel: 0800 304 7159 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 12pm)

South East London Community Energy

South East London Community Energy will be running an energy cafe every Wednesday in May to give free impartial and expert advice on reducing energy bills and debt support. Their team can also help with contacting energy companies on your behalf and can offer support and guidance for grants and discounts.

Held at Unity Church, Rye Crescent, Orpington BR5 4NH
Drop in 9.15am – 10.30am
By appointment 10.30am – 12pm

To book a phone appointment:
0204 5605 764
Referral code: TBBromley

Immigration & Translation

The Refugee Legal Centre

The RLC provides legal advice and representation for those seeking protection under international law and national asylum Human Rights. Interpretation and translation services are also available to subscribers of the RLC.

Lewisham Refugees and Migrants Network

Offer support to asylum seekers and refugees in Lewisham area, as well as those from outside the area in exceptional circumstances.

Together South

Together South is one of the projects from Groundwork providing assistance to refugees and Non-European migrants.

They cover the following areas:
English classes
Employment Support
UK Cultural Insights

Friends of Refugees London

Friends of Refugees London is a voluntary, non-profit, community organisation based in Lewisham which exists to support refugees, asylum-seekers, and vulnerable migrants navigate life in London.

Job Seeking Support

Jobcentre Plus

Jobcentre Plus provides a range of services to link jobseekers to employers and help with claiming benefits for those who need them. It offers practical help to those seeking jobs and administers programmes to help unemployed people back to work. It provides support for those who are long-term sick or disabled, including benefits and help in finding work.

Rotary Work Club

Offer a volunteer run course to help you back into work. The course covers where to look for jobs, crating your CV and getting ready for an interview along with lots more. Initial enquiries should be made via email.

Successful Mums

Provide online, flexible and interactive training to help people find work, start or develop a business.

Successful Mums

Smart works gives you the clothes, coaching and confidence to succeed at your interview and change your life.

With The Duchess of Sussex as its patron, Smart Works provides a styling session with a free high quality outfit for you to take home and keep.

They also provide a free interview coaching session to tackle nerves and get ready for tough questions. They will also provide a second fitting for a capsule collection once you’ve got the job.
Smart Works service is completely free. It is for any woman with a confirmed job interview who is referred to us. Ask your employment advisor or someone who is helping you to find work to refer you to Smart Works. They can make a quick call to 020 7288 1770 and we can make you an appointment at one of our London centres.

Find out more at www.smartworks.org.uk, check us out at www.facebook.com/smartworkscharity/ or on Instagram @smartworkscharity.

Legal Advice

Legal Aid

To see whether you might be eligible for legal aid visit: www.gov.uk/legal-aid.

Legal Advice Clinics

East Greenwich Legal Advice Clinic: www.eglac.org.uk

  • available to people living in a South East London postcode;
  • includes Family, Immigration, Welfare Benefits, Property (including Wills and Probate), Civil Litigation, Housing, Community Care, Contract, Employment and small businesses;
  • in person sessions are held fortnightly at Christ Church, East Greenwich, and advice can be provided remotely through telephone, email or by Zoom.

Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre:


  • law students working under supervision of an experienced volunteer lawyer;
  • wide range of social welfare legal services;
  • includes specialist areas such as the Black Justice Project, domestic abuse form filling, Criminal Justice Project, Pink Law (LGBT+), Images Based Sexual Abuse and Special Education Needs and School Exclusion.

South Bank University Legal Advice Clinic:


  • law students working under supervision of an experienced volunteer lawyer;
  • basic information on all topics;
  • general advice on social welfare law, family, employment, housing and consumer disputes;
  • free public drop-in service on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
  • specialist legal advice in family and housing available by appointment on Thursday evenings (accessible via an initial assessment at the drop-in clinic);
  • general advice on social welfare law matters via videoconferencing or face-to-face appointments.

University of Law Legal Advice Centre:


  • law students working under supervision of an experienced volunteer lawyer;
  • family and small business matters;
  • referrals to other Centres within the University of Law network available in some cases.

Other Sources of Advice

Advice Now:


  • detailed guidance on a wide range of legal areas including domestic abuse, divorce, child support, children and local authority care, housing and homelessness, immigration and employment.

Bromley & Croydon Women’s Aid’s Virtual One Stop Shop

  • free, confidential service for anyone who has experienced or is experiencing domestic abuse;
  • drop-in service currently suspended but a telephone service is in operation;
  • representatives advise on family law and housing options in Bromley;
  • every Thursday between 1.30pm and 4pm.



  • search by postcode for a family law solicitor;
  • some offer a free initial consultation to discuss the options available to you.

Making a Will


Registering with a local doctor (GP)
Contact the relevant surgery and ask to complete a registration form. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity e.g., your passport, driving license, and/or proof of your address. Your form will then be sent off and your records will be transferred from your old surgery to the new one. Occasionally surgeries are unable to take on new patients or may turn applicants down as they do not live in the area covered by the surgery – in this case, you can search on the NHS website to find an alternative surgery close to you.

If you are visiting an area for more than 24 hours but less than 3 months, you can apply to register with a GP surgery as a temporary resident. Speak to the receptionist in the surgery where you would like to be seen to do this.

Help with the costs of prescriptions

You may be eligible for free prescriptions if you receive low income or meet one of the other criteria – for a full list, see

Emergency medical care

In a genuine medical emergency i.e. a life-threatening situation (such as loss of consciousness, persistent severe chest pain, breathing difficulties or severe bleeding that cannot be stopped), call 999 and ask for the ambulance service. If you do not have a genuine medical emergency, please see the ‘urgent medical care’ section below. Do not go to the A&E department of a hospital unless you have a genuine medical emergency.

Urgent medical care

In the first instance, call the NHS on 111 – this service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Advisors will be able to point you in the direction of further appropriate care.
You could also call your GP surgery – if they are closed, there will be a recorded message with details of the out-of-hours service so you can see an on-call doctor.

Local ‘urgent care’ centres – for problems such as cuts, fractures, mild chest infections, minor burns, fever etc. – include:

Greenbrook Healthcare at the Princess Royal University Hospital

Beckenham Beacon

  • 01689 866 037
  • 379 Croydon Road, Beckenham, BR3 3QL

NHS Low Income Scheme

If you have a low income, you may be able to get help with NHS costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme (LIS). The scheme covers: Prescriptions, Dental Care, Eye Care, Wigs and fabric supports

Bromley 0-19

The Bromley 0 to 19 Public Health Service offers tailored guidance and support to families and partner services who work with children and young people, through Health Visitors, School Nurses and the Family Nurse Partnership.

Mental Health

In the event of an emergency regarding mental health (your own or someone else’s), either:

  • call your GP or dial 111.
  • Call the Samaritans:116 123 (24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year)
  • Call the Bromley Mental Health Crisis Team on 0800 330 8590 if you are known to the team and have a care co-ordinator
  • Go to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department at your nearest hospital.
  • If you or the person suffering from a mental health emergency is in immediate danger, call 999.

Non-emergency situations:

Bromley Well

Bromley Well provides help for you to stay emotionally and physically healthy and to remain independent.

Bromley Y

Offers emotional wellbeing & mental health support for children and their families.

Talk Together Bromley

This is a service for adults who are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression and who are registered with a GP in the London Borough of Bromley. You can contact talk Together Bromley yourself by submitting a self-referral form which is located on the top left-hand corner of the website.

Bromley Mind

Provides a range of mental health and dementia services to help people who live in Bromley look after and improve their mental health and wellbeing.

Orpington Centre & Head Office

  • 01689 811222
  • Anchor House, 5 Station Road, Orpington BR6 0RZ


  • 020 3328 0365
  • 20b Hayne Road, Beckenham BR3 4HY


  • 020 8289 5020
  • Stepping Stones, 38 Mason’s Hill, Bromley BR2 9JG

Lewisham Community Support Service

  • 020 32280760
  • 91 Granville Park, Lewisham, SE13 7DW


MENTALITY’S main aim is to drive down adverse mental health issues by increasing awareness through a collective of people that want to reach out and help those affected.


Westmeria Counselling

Low Cost Counselling

Westmeria Counselling is a valued service offering emotional support to the local community. We provide a safe, confidential space to individuals experiencing difficulties in resolving life’s issues.


Parenting support

Family Lives

Offers information, advice, guidance and support on all aspects of parenting and family life, including child development, issues with schools, family breakdown, aggression in the home and bullying. Also befriending services, parenting/relationship support groups and online courses available – nearly all are available at no charge to parents.

Bromley Y

Offers support for parents with adolescents who live, work or have a GP within the borough of Bromley.

Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass)

Cafcass works with families referred by the courts and helps them to reach agreement over arrangements for their children. The website has useful information, case studies, advice and contact links.

Bromley Children Project

This service aims to protect and develop children by offering support for them and their families, particularly those who are struggling and are in need of additional help, but don’t qualify for the support provided by children’s social care.

Gingerbread (Single Parents)

Offers information for lone parents on such things as: maintenance, tax credits, benefits, work, education, legal rights, childcare and holidays.

Home-Start Bromley

Provides help for parents and their children through a team of trained volunteers who provide practical and non-judgmental support for families.

The Centre for Separated Families

Provides advice and support to parents and other people experiencing family separation.

Beckenham Baby Talk

The group aims to provide a safe space to build friendships with others in a similar situation and to process some of the highs and lows of parenting in the early days. Monday mornings, 10-11:30 at Beckenham Place Park Mansion
Tel: Mary Dew-Jones: 07882352676

Social Care Support

Bromley Council

Provide services that protect, care for and support the most vulnerable children and young people in the borough.

Children’s referral and assessment team

Disabled children’s social work and short break team

Out of hours emergency contact

  • 0300 303 8671

If you are seriously concerned about a child’s immediate safety, dial 999.

Family Fund

Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Their mission is to provide items and services to all low-income families in the UK raising disabled or seriously ill children, that they could not otherwise afford or access, and that help improve their quality of life, realise their rights, and remove some of the barriers they face.

Special Educational Needs

Bromley Council

See Bromley Borough’s information page regarding support for children with special educational needs, including information for parents of children with SENs or learning difficulties, and the process of assessing children with SENs.

Autism Family Support Service

Offering an information and signposting service to all families with children and young people (0-25) with Social Communication Difficulties (including Autism). A dedicated Autism Family Support Co-Ordinator.

• A telephone and email service to offer guidance and information for families.
• A range of information sheets which seek to improve and develop parental
knowledge and understanding of Autistic Spectrum Condition.
• A monthly newsletter highlighting items of interest to families with children and
young people with Social Communication Difficulties (including Autism).
• Regular coffee morning/afternoons to provide a network of support for families.

Trafficking Victims

Eaves Project

Eaves’ Poppy Project provides specialist support and London emergency accommodation for women who have been trafficked. Women only service.

Twins and multiples

Bromley & Beckenham Twins Club (BBTC)

The Beckenham & Bromley Twins Club is an all-inclusive club for families with twins, triplets or multiples. We provide a fun and supportive environment for both parents and children. We run regular playgroups, a buddy scheme to support new parents and various exciting events through the year. See website for more details.