Christmas can be an incredibly challenging time for many families, especially for those struggling financially or living in complicated circumstances. Our hampers aren’t just about giving gifts; they are about pulling together as a community to help the families we support by reducing the stigma of poverty and relieving the stress and anxiety that Christmas can often bring. They not only provide joy through physical gifts and treats, but these hampers also have a positive impact on the mental health of both the children and their parents/carers.
“The families we work with simply don’t have the luxury of enjoying Christmas. Instead, they worry about the lack of gift for a child that still believes in Father Christmas or they stress about the fact that during the school holidays there will be no free school meals.”
Nancy Lengthorn, Christmas Hamper Coordinator and Trustee
Our hampers are packed full of supermarket vouchers to buy food, toys and books for the children, cosy pyjamas and Christmas jumpers, and toiletries, books, toys, gifts and Christmas treats.
“I’ve just given a hamper to a single mum of 3 children and she is over the moon. I can’t tell you how much this hamper was needed. I can’t believe the quality of the toys and books in there, it’s just wonderful, thank you”
Health visitor – Penge
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Shop from our Amazon Wish List – Buy a specific item(s) such as a book, toy or slipper socks from our hamper wish list. Please select the delivery address as Nancy/BBB and it will come straight to us. *If you are buying from the wish list, please remember to use AmazonSmile and choose Bromley Brighter Beginnings as your designated charity and Amazon will then donate to us at no extra cost to you.
- Buy from our PJS WISH LIST – New this year, you can purchase comfy pyjamas for all family members. Wish list is coming soon.
- Purchase a SUPERMARKET VOUCHER – This year due to the pandemic we will not be supplying physical food items, but, are asking supporters to donate food vouchers. To learn how you can donate a voucher click here.
- Organise your school or business to COLLECT ITEMS – New this year, we are asking schools and groups to collect specific items to go in our Christmas Hampers. To participate or get more information contact Anna at email@example.com.
- Donate to JUSTGIVING– Use our dedicated Christmas Hamper JustGiving page to make a donation where every penny will go towards making sure these hampers are packed full of Christmas happiness.
Over the last few months, we have seen a significant rise in the number of local families requesting our help. Many have been pushed below the poverty line due to the COVID-19 crisis. With this increase, we anticipate this year’s Christmas Hamper campaign to be greater than ever. We aim to help a record 160+ families, providing a merrier Christmas for 300-400 local children. We believe EVERYONE deserves a Merry Christmas and with the help of, you, our community, we WILL brighten the Christmases of a record number of families this year.